The original Ritchey Commando was designed to be a mountain bike with no limits—a machine to conquer cow trails and dry creek beds in the days before mountain bike trails. Now that adventurous spirit lives on in the 2015 Commando, with Tom’s four decades of framebuilding mastering bringing the light and nimble feel of a Ritchey to the world of Fat Bikes.
- Premium quality seamless, heat treated, triple-butted Ritchey logic II tubing
- Forged and machined head tube – lighter and stronger than a standard 1-1/8” head tube
- Spacing: 135mm front; 170mm rear
*Not compatible with hubs for rear offset (Surly)
- CrMo steel Ritchey logic fork offers precise handling and superb compliance.
- Rack mounts and additional bottle braze on’s included (not shown)
- Room for 26 x 3.8” tires
- Headset included
Heritage Paint: Make it yours with one of our Heritage Paint options. Hand painted by the our original painter, Rick Stefani, choose from Commando Camo, Urban Camo, Sunset Fade or Team RWB Fade. These signature paint schemes added to any of our frames give your bike a truly unique feel for the deep heritage between Ritchey Design and D&D Cycles. Please allow 6-8 weeks delivery time for all custom painted bikes. No cancellations once an order is placed. Read more here »