FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
575 Old County Road
San Carlos, CA 94070
Ritchey WCS and PRO Crank Voluntary Recall (LEFT ARM ONLY)
Ritchey Design has identified a potential safety issue concerning WCS and PRO Level Non-Drive Side Crank Arms (LEFT ARM ONLY). In certain cases, it is possible that the non-drive crank arm could fail or break unexpectedly. If this happens during cycling, the cyclist may lose control of the bicycle, which could lead to serious injury. Because Ritchey Design products are designed meet the highest industry standards, as a preventive action, and in the interests of putting the safety of its consumers first, Ritchey Design has decided to undertake a voluntary recall of all affected Non-drive Crank arms.
The (right-side) drive crank arm is not affected by this issue. The reinforcement from the spiders lend the necessary strength to the design to prevent breakages. We have received zero reports of drive side arm breakages.
All affected cranks are black finished with a silver machined face or are solid black color.
(Any Ritchey crank that is silver is NOT affected.)
- Pro Road 130 bcd in black only (39/53 chainring combination)
- WCS Road 130 bcd in black w/silver machined face only (39/53 chainring combination)
- Pro Compact Road 110 bcd in black only (34/50 chainring combination)
- WCS Compact Road 110 bcd in black w/silver machined face only (34/50 chainring combination)
- WCS Cross 130 bcd in black w/silver machined face only (38/48 chainring combination)
- Pro Cross 130 bcd in black only (38/48 chainring combination)
Models not affected:
All Mtn Cranks
Two Methods to IDENTIFY YOUR CRANK
1) By date code
2) By measurement
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PDF INSTRUCTIONS FOR
IDENTIFICATION AND WARRANTY PROCEDURES